Center for Ultrafast Science on Quantum Matter
- Study on nonequilibrium quantum phenomena in femtosecond and nanometer scale space-time domain
- Ultrafast phase changing processes in materials driven far out-of-equilibrium/li>
- Exploring hidden phases and quantum controling of materials
- R&D for ultrafast characterization techniques
- Developing experimental techniques for ultrafast dynamic imaging resonant X-ray scattering
- Director: Chang Yong Song(MPK)
International Joint Research
- Joint research institution based on the utilization of cutting-edge X-ray light source
Application areas and Expected effect
- By gaining in-depth understanding on interaction mechanisms among fundamental degrees of freedom (spin, charge, lattice & orbital), newly induce emergent properties of the matter
- Direct observation of melting transformation violating the thermodynamic laws in strong nonequilibrum condition. (SCIENCE ADVANCES, 2021. 12)
- Revealing the entropy decreasing process during the melting transformation of metals heated by intense femtosecond laser pulse with direct nanoscale images.
- Investigating the competing interaction between Cooper pair formation and charge density wave (CDW) ordering in YBCO (SCIENCE ADVANCES, 2022.09)
- Dynamics process of developing the superconducting states upon the ultrafast destruction of CDW is uncovered.